This may be because your device is set to mute, to check this, do the following:
If in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Lock Rotation:
- Double click the Home button
- Swipe from left to right over the apps which have appeared along the bottom
- If the speaker icon on the left has a line through it means the device is muted
- Tap the speaker icon and you should see a “Mute off” message below the play button
- Press the Home button to return to the Home screen
- ClaroSpeak should now speak normally
Or, if in Settings > General > “Use Side Switch to”: is set to Mute:
- Check the switch on the side of your device does not display a orange mark – seeing the orange mark means the device is muted.
Further information on these settings can be found on Apple’s website.
If this hasn’t fixed the problem, try restarting your device.